Wildland Fire Associates have been heavily involved with the development and teaching of several fire training courses. John Lissoway has been an extremely effective and popular instructor in the southwest area, as well as nationally. Carl Douhan has participated in the development of NWCG fire training courses and has taught many courses. Dan O’Brien has aided in the development and instruction of many NWCG courses, and is currently on contract with the Lessons Learned Center.
John Lissoway is an NWCG Lead Instructor for:
- RX310 Fire Effects (completed 25 courses, National Fire Use Training Academy & southwestern states)
- S390 Fire Behavior Calculations (completed 10 courses)
- S290 Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior (completed 21 courses, interagency)
- S215 Fire Operations in the Wildland/Urban Interface (completed 3 courses municipal and County FD’s)
- S330 Strike Team/Task Force Leader (completed 2 courses)
- S130-190 Wildland Firefighter
- S215 Ignition Devices
- Forest Worker Safety Certification Course (completed 6 courses and re-certifications) in New Mexico
John is a NWCG Unit Instructor for:
- RX300 Prescribed Fire Burn Boss (2 courses)
- RX410 Smoke Management Techniques (1 course)
- S339 Division-Group Supervisor (2 courses)
- S230 Crew Boss (Single Resource, 4 courses)
John has also been involved with Fire in Resources Management (National Advanced Resource Technology Center, AZ), Fire Management for Fire Management Officers, Presented Professional Paper, Fire Effects on Cultural Resources (Tampa, Florida).